Being a part of GATA right when the school year started mid-August was amazing for my self confidence! I have struggled with the little community-building things, but the no-prep conversational-type activities helped me on the first few days of school. Since I also teach Leadership, the camp roots of GATA are perfect for that group of kids especially.
-Ashley, Teacher & GATA Member
Bring more connection, growth, and fun to your classroom & school this year!
Join GATA (Gold Arrow Teacher Academy) for monthly Webinars, weekly Teacher Talks, and no-prep or low-prep connection activities delivered to your email inbox weekly from the experts at fun, friendship, and growth — Gold Arrow Camp!
Themes we’ll cover this school year in our webinars, weekly talks, emails, and resources include:
• Creating Community
• Celebrating Strengths
• Cultivating Character
New GATA members will have access to all of our upcoming webinars and resources, as well as access to the library of resources we’ve shared with members over the past few months.
GATA webinars now available on-demand:
- 8+ Activities to Foster Online Classroom Connections
- Creating a Positive Classroom Culture
- Coaching Students to Better Collaboration & Communication
GATA PDF resources now available in the resource library:
- Questions for Classroom Connection
- Creating a Positive Classroom Culture
- Songs & Videos
- Build Positivity & Optimism in Your Students
- Guess Who
- Jokes & Riddle
- Teaching Kids Better Communication & Collaboration
- Rules & Language of Collaboration
- Create an Animal
- Chill Music for Your Class
- Coaching Students to Better Listening
Why do we know about creating online connections?
During the summer of 2020, GAC directors and counselors developed and successfully delivered an online 4-week leadership program (GALA) designed for kids in grades K-12. Communication, leadership, and life skills were covered in the program but our main focus was helping campers foster close connections with peers and counselors. It paid off! Campers were sad when the program ended and counselors felt excited to have facilitated positive relationships with kids.
Gold Arrow’s entire director team has children of their own currently ranging in age from 4-26, and most of us were teachers before or while working at camp. Supporting children by providing teachers with training and support to create positive, connected classrooms is a natural use of our skills and experiences.
Through the Gold Arrow Teacher Academy (GATA), our experienced GATA faculty will train and support teachers to create connections in virtual and live classroom settings.
This was clearly a strange year, and strange times require strange solutions. While not ‘real camp’, GALA provided three bright spots per week for my daughter. She consistently had fun and many good laughs while bonding with her band of new online friends (and the program reviewed some great character building concepts as well!). And she did get to experience the positive and fun GAC culture you have created, which she loves. Not once did she protest or moan about having to join another virtual call – she was eager to attend every meeting, which is not always the case. That says something!
-Skol Lockyer, GALA Parent
Check out a sample webinar:
And here’s a sample download (Activities to foster online connections):
We also offer customized teacher training & student assemblies!
Sample Trainings for Teachers & Administrators
- Creating a Positive, Connected School Culture
- Connecting with Your Students
- Coaching Kids to Better Friendships
- Positive Behavior Management Strategies
- Communication Skills for More Effective Teamwork
- Creating a Strengths-Focused School Culture
Sample Assemblies for Students
- Are you Ready for Adulthood?
- Be You (Celebrating Strengths)
- Make it Cool to be Kind
- Growing Grit
Individual Teacher Membership Includes:
- Weekly email that includes one ready-to-use printable PDF resource
- One live webinar per month (you will receive a link to the recording if you are unable to attend live).
- Bi-monthly facilitated Teacher Talk live online chat
- 20% discount on Gold Arrow Teacher Academy (GATA) downloadable resources, additional webinars, and other featured events
$9/month or $75/school year
School Membership Includes:
- Access to all of the features included in the Individual Teacher Membership for up to 20 teachers ($1,620 value)
PLUS, choose one:
- Two, 30-minute coaching sessions for small groups (up to 5 teachers) scheduled between September and May. Topics may include classroom connection, behavior management, student engagement activities, character development tools, or other similar subjects.
- One, 60-minute live webinar for your entire staff, including supporting resources and Q&A
$750/school year (September-May)
Additional Options for Member Schools:
- 10 additional Teacher Memberships ($50/year)
- One additional 60-minute webinar tailored to your school’s specific needs ($250)
- One Parenting Workshop to engage your PTSA ($500)
Our team is sharing strategies that we developed and perfected in Gold Arrow Camp’s virtual summer program to build an online community where children never met in person but still developed strong relationships with each other and with our staff.
All events are at 5pm PT / 8pm ET.
August 12: 8+ Connection Activities for Virtual Classrooms (monthly webinar)
September 2: Teacher Talk (weekly chat)
September 9: Creating a Positive Classroom Culture (monthly webinar)
September 16: Teacher Talk
September 23: Teacher Talk
October 7: Teacher Talk (weekly chat)
October 14: Coaching Students to Better Collaboration & Communication (monthly webinar)
October 21: Teacher Talk
November 4: Teacher Talk (weekly chat)
November 11: Coaching Students to Autonomy & Problem Solving (monthly webinar)
November 18: Teacher Talk
December 2: Teacher Talk
December 9: Personal Growth & Connection Activities (monthly webinar)
December 16: Teacher Talk
December 30: Holiday (No Teacher Talk)
GATA Resumes on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
Gift Your Child’s Teacher or School
Are you a parent (or grandparent!) who would like to purchase an individual or school membership for your child’s teacher or school? Please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll get you started!
Here’s what campers and parents had to say about our online program…
GALA has been a great experience and the counselors have done a great job of engaging the kids, getting them involved, and fostering conversations. Connections are being made and my son is loving it! -Tracy Edwards, Teacher & GALA Parent
GALA is like one big campfire. Everyone is welcome, and is encouraged to participate. It’s really fun to connect with people that I might not have during regular camp. -Avery, GALA Camper
This was clearly a strange year, and strange times require strange solutions. While not ‘real camp’, GALA provided three bright spots per week for my daughter. She consistently had fun and many good laughs while bonding with her band of new online friends (and the program reviewed some great character building concepts as well!). And she did get to experience the positive and fun GAC culture you have created, which she loves. Not once did she protest or moan about having to join another virtual call – she was eager to attend every meeting, which is not always the case. That says something! -Skol Lockyer, GALA Parent
GALA is a really fun experience to get to learn and talk to other people, I look forward to it every week. -Jordan, GALA Camper