China Peak Inn
China Peak Resort (formerly Sierra Summit) is located within walking distance of Gold Arrow Camp. We are happy to partner with the China Peak Inn to provide a unique experience for parents who are picking up their children at camp. Gold Arrow Camp will host a social time with hors d’oeuvres and soft drinks for parents and families at the Inn from 6:00-8:00 PM each Friday night before the session ends. Guests have the option of having dinner off-site or at the Inn, on their own. Camp staff will answer questions and present a slide show – the same one campers will view that night at camp – from 6:00-6:30 PM. This is a great chance to meet and socialize with other camp parents in a peaceful mountain setting. China Peak is also a convenient place to stay if you are dropping off your child at camp.
China Peak Inn Reservations
- China Peak is offering a 10% discount off standard lodging rates for family members dropping off or picking up their children at Gold Arrow Camp.
- To make a reservation please contact the China Peak Inn at (559) 233-1200 or email them here.
- More details can be found on the China Peak website under “Lodging.”
Other options in the Shaver Lake and Huntington Lake areas:
- Shaver Lake Village Hotel, (559) 841-8289, town of Shaver Lake, 18 miles before camp. Remodeled in 2012. Owned and operated by a former GAC camper/staff family!
- Elliott House Bed & Breakfast, (888) 841-8601, town of Shaver Lake.
- Tamarack Motor Lodge, (559) 893-3244. On Hwy. 168, five miles before camp.
- Huntington Lake Resort, (559) 893-6750, 6 miles beyond camp.
- Vacasa.com, Huntington Lake condominium and cabin rentals (two-night minimum stay required usually).
In the Old Town Clovis area (about 1-1/2 hour drive to camp):
- Best Western Clovis Cole, (559) 299-1547. 415 Clovis Avenue. In Old Town Clovis. Farmer’s Market every Friday night.
- Comfort Suites, Clovis, CA (559) 299-9992. 143 Clovis Avenue. About a 1/4 mile from Old Town Clovis.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, (599) 323-8080. 50 N Clovis Avenue. About a 1/2 mile from Old Town Clovis.
In Fresno, near the River Park shopping area (about 1-3/4 hour drive to camp):
- Hampton Inn & Suites, (559) 447-5900, 327 E Fir Avenue, Fresno, CA 93720.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, (559) 577-1350, 7115 N Howard Street.
- TownePlace Suites, (559) 435-4600, 7127 N Fresno Street.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno, (559) 449-0928, 330 E Fir Avenue.
In Fresno, near the airport (about 1-3/4 hour drive to camp):
- Piccadilly Inn Airport, (559) 375-7760, 5115 E McKinley Avenue. Probably the most upscale hotel in the Fresno/Clovis area.