The Gold Arrow Leadership Academy for Middle School (GALAMS) is an online mentoring and leadership training program designed to help young emerging leaders develop their leadership skills guided by GAC’s core values This program is specifically designed for pre-teens and teens completing the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade and allows for one cadre of participants to move through the program together building valuable bonds under the supervision and tutelage of experienced GAC counselors/mentors.
12th Belmont Shore, Long Beach, CA Chapman University Yes Yes 7th Anaheim, CA Grinnell College No 5th Boulder, CO University of Minnesota Yes 7th Hermosa Beach, CA University of Utah Yes 11th Los Angeles, CA UCLA Yes 7th Clovis, CA Centenary College of Louisiana Yes
Belmont Shore, Long Beach, CA
University of Minnesota
Hermosa Beach, CA
University of Utah
Los Angeles, CA
Centenary College of Louisiana
GALA 1: June 29 – July 23, 2020
GALA 2: August 3 – 27, 2020
Participants will meet with peers and counselors 3 times each week on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 4pm PT for approximately one hour. Two sessions per week will be based on the topics listed below and one session per week will include a more relaxed (and supervised!) “hang out” time for campers to connect and share.
Each group meeting will focus on one of GAC’s core values and include some interactive learning, discussion time, and a challenge based on that core value. Workshops will also include a profile of a young leader who embodies that core value.
• Unplugging and Connecting Face to Face – Learn how to successfully build social connections with peers and your elders and how you can help others become more connected.
• Living Healthy – We’ll dive into what physical, emotional, and social well-being looks like and how creating “tiny habits” might help you reach your goals.
• Trying new things to build confidence – Break down obstacles (fear, anxiety, etc.) and create a growth mindset to achieve goals and build confidence.
• Belonging to a community that feels like a family – Identify different communities in your life and how you can contribute in a meaningful way.
• Developing Independence – Learn how to take small (or big!) steps to becoming more independent, making choices for yourself, learning to see other points of view, and preparing for high school and beyond.
• Being You – Find out what makes you – you. Use that knowledge to highlight your strengths to others.
• Having fun and being happy – Discover strategies you can use to choose happiness and create fun for yourself and others around you.
• Bringing positive changes to the world – Use the skills, knowledge, and confidence you practiced in earlier workshops to determine what you can do to make a difference.
• Access to 3 meetings per week for 4 weeks with experienced GAC counselors
• Option to add individual half-hour or one-hour mentoring/coaching sessions with group leaders for an additional cost.
• Certificate of course completion
• Personalized letter of recommendation that speaks to the participant’s character strengths and how they specifically contribute value to schools, teams, and other organizations.
• Credit for a year at GAC
*Campers enrolled for 2021 will receive a 50% discount ($350).
Enrollments received after July 17 will be accepted based on availability.
Online Program Policies
Please review the online program policies which include the Camper Standards of Conduct and Conditions of Enrollment for online programs.
Please contact our office at 800-554-2267 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.
Additional Online Program