Gold Arrow Leadership Academy Character & Strengths for Youth (GALACSY) is an online mentoring and character building program designed to help younger campers as they learn and develop important skills that will set them up for success in school, at home, and with peers. This 4-week course designed for campers completing grades K through 5, will be guided by GAC counselors/mentors who will help kids grow their social and emotional intelligence and of course, HAVE FUN!
June 29 – July 24
Participants will meet with peers and counselors 3 times each week on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 4pm PT for approximately one hour. Two sessions per week will be based on the topics listed below and one session per week will include a more relaxed (and supervised!) “hang out” time for kids to connect and share.
10th Los Angeles, CA Pitzer College Yes 9th San Diego, CA The University of Michigan Yes 15th Rancho Santa Margarita, CA Cal Poly SLO Yes 9th La Canada, CA The University of Texas at Austin Yes 2nd Meridian, MS Mississippi State University No 6th Meridian, MS University of Southern Mississippi No
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
The University of Michigan
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Cal Poly SLO
La Canada, CA
The University of Texas at Austin
Mississippi State University
University of Southern Mississippi
Each group meeting will focus on one of the topics listed below and include active learning, discussion time, and goal setting based on that concept. The program will conclude with a workshop dedicated to bringing it all together to help campers contribute positive changes to the world!
• Care & Compassion: In this workshop we will discuss how we can show care and compassion for others in our home, school, and community.
• Gratitude & Grit: We will discuss how showing gratitude and growing grit improve your own well-being and that of those around you.
• Initiative & Integrity: Being able to take initiative and show integrity are important skills throughout our entire lives. We’ll discuss where to start and how to truly live out these skills.
• Courage & Confidence: We will discuss the value of trying new things to build our courage and our confidence and how we can build on smaller steps to achieve our goals.
• Setting Goals & Self-Discipline: We all have goals that we want to accomplish! We will talk about how to set an achievable goal and how to use self-discipline to work towards that goal!
• Respect & Responsibility: Respect and responsibility take us a long way in relationships with our families, friends, coaches, and beyond. We’ll discuss what we can do to show respect for others and responsibility for our actions.
• Curiosity & Critical Thinking: Being curious and using critical thinking help you navigate friendships as well as the world around you. We’ll discuss the steps to take to improve our curiosity and critical thinking skills.
• Bringing Positive Changes to the World: We will wrap up the whole course by discussing our own strengths based on these subjects and how we can use those to bring positive changes to the world.
• Access to 3 meetings per week for 4 weeks with experienced GAC counselors
• Option to add individual half-hour or one-hour mentoring/coaching sessions with group leaders for an additional fee.
• Certificate of course completion
• Credit for a year at GAC
*Campers enrolled for 2021 will receive a 50% discount ($350).
Please review the online program policies which include the Camper Standards of Conduct and Conditions of Enrollment for online programs.
Please contact our office at 800-554-2267 or email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional information.
Additional Online Programs