A favorite of many campers and staff, Caprese Salad is a fresh, delicious salad we often serve with salmon or tri-tip at camp. It’s a simple recipe, with just a few ingredients, so it’s one that campers may enjoy making at home for their families. It’s also a great dish to bring to share at a potluck! We hope you enjoy making Caprese Salad!
- 10 ounces cherry or cherub tomatoes, chopped in half
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella, cherry sized. Chopped in half or fourths
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- (note: you can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil if you’d like the added flavor, but it’s not necessary)
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!
(We got the recipe from here: http://www.thecookierookie.com/chopped-caprese-salad/)